Thank you for participating
in SJCPL's Summer Reading Challenge 2015! Way to go Michiana, over 5,945 people read over 2,653,000 minutes (kids & teens) and over 8,660 books! Prize winners are being notified via phone or email. We hope you had fun. We had a blast serving you this summer! Join us in June 2016 for an all new Summer Reading Challenge:
Kids theme: On Your Mark, Get Set, Read
Teens theme: Get in the Game: Read
Adults theme: Exercise Your Mind - Read
How Summer Reading Challenge works:
Register from home or at any SJCPL location and receive an incentive prize (while supplies last).
Keep track of what you read online using your account. The more you read, the more chances you have to win, including some very special grand prizes awarded at the end of the Summer Reading Challenge!
Kids, ages newborn - 12, read or listen to books and log your minutes online using your Summer Reading Challenge account.
If you read:
- 200 minutes = coupon for food or service
- 300 minutes = a bonus prize
- 400 minutes = a free book
- 500 minutes = entry into our exclusive SRC prize drawing
For each additional 100 minutes read after 500, you will receive another entry into the drawing for additional chances to win! Winners will be notified by August 22nd.
For more information, call the Main Children’s Services Department at 282-4607 or stop by any SJCPL location.
Grand prize: Bike (2 winners)
Additional Prizes: Big Wheel(1 winner), Cozy Coupe (1 winner), Razor Scooter (10 winners)
Teens, ages 12 - 18 (entering grades 7-12), we challenge you to take time to read for fun and enjoyment this summer!
Here’s what you do:
- Read or listen to books, graphic novels, and magazines. Keep track of the time you have read online.
- Read 600 minutes by August 8 and be entered into a drawing to win a gift card, a prize bag, or the Grand Prize-Go Pro Hero Action Camera!
- For each additional 300 minutes read after 600, you will receive another drawing entry. The more you read, the more chances you have to win.
Grand prize: Go Pro-Hero HD Action Camera (1 winner)
Teen Prize Bags: One lucky winner from each location (10 total) will win an SJCPL Book Bag containing:
- $20 Target Gift Card
- $10 Subway Gift Card
- Krypton Glow in the Dark Thinking Putty
- Sharpie Markers
- Drawing Kit and Sketch Book
Additional Prizes: $10 Target Gift Card (40 total)
Here’s what you do:
- Read or listen to books, graphic novels, and magazines. Keep track of the titles you have read online.
- Read 5 books by August 8 and be entered to win a Book Lover’s Bag or a Barnes & Noble Gift Card.
- Read 10 books by August 8 and be entered to win a Kindle Paperwhite 6
Grand Prize: Kindle Paperwhite 6 (1 winner)
Book Lover’s Bag! One lucky winner from each location (10 total) will win a bag filled with:
- SJCPL Book Bag
- USB Drive
- $25.00 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
- $5.00 Starbucks Gift Card
- Ear buds
- Car Charger
- Stylus Pen
Additional Prizes: $20 Barnes & Noble Gift Card (20 total)
Your generous support makes our Summer Reading Challenge robust and much more fun than it would be without you.
To our Kick-off Party Sponsors:
To our Summer Reading Challenge Sponsors:
Chick-fil-A, N. Main St., Mishawaka
Chick-fil-A, S. Michigan St., South Bend
Culver's, S. Michigan St., South Bend
Dairy Queen, Western Ave.
Dominos, Edison Rd., South Bend
Fazoli's, St. Rt. 933, South Bend
Let's Spoon, Edison Rd, South Bend
Penn Station, South Bend Ave, South Bend
Putt-Putt Fun Center, N. Main St., Mishawaka
And to all of our dedicated volunteers!