If you would like to ask a question, submit a tip or suggestion please follow this link by clicking the Suggestion Box and provide a name and email address.
How to Create Folders on a Mobile Apple Device
1. Tap and hold an app icon until it begins to shake. An “X” will appear in the upper left corner of some icons)
2. Drag the app you want to create a folder for over to another app you would like included in the folder.
3. A folder will be created containing the two apps. The folder will be named automatically based on the type of apps in the folder. To change the name of the folder click on the title and type a new one.
4. To finish creating the folder tap anywhere on the screen outside the folder. To add more apps to the folder repeat step 2 and then press the home button to exit editing mode.
5. To access the apps in the folder simply tap on the folder and it will open up displaying the apps inside. To close a folder tap anywhere on the home screen.
6. To remove an app from the folder, open the folder then tap and hold the app icon until it begins to shake. Drag the app out of the folder and drop it anywhere on the home screen.
7. Press the home button to exit editing mode.
Suggested by: Alicia, the Library Technician for Lakeville Library
Look for the next Tech Tip on Thursday, January 2nd.
Liabilities and Disclaimer
The comments and suggestions expressed on this blog are those of their respective contributors only. The comments and suggestions expressed on this blog do not necessarily represent the views of SJCPL, its management, or employees. SJCPL and the writers of this blog are not responsible for, and disclaim any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the blog.