Since this is often the time students are starting to work on their Science Fair projects, I thought I’d highlight two great databases we have access to that can help families with project ideas and background research:
- A specific tab just focuses a search solely on science experiments.
- The interface easily sorts any research articles into magazines, newspapers, and academic journals.
- Its citation tools allow students to clearly and accurately cite their sources.
- Narrowing the search parameters by clicking “Consumer Health” and “Full text articles” can offer more relevant search results.
- The database has a dictionary, as well as a variety of tabs that focus searches.
These resources can help maintain sanity in the household, as families can access these and many other SJCPL databases day or night using their SJCPL library card.